As a rough guide, you should be able to get a silk top and bottoms from silkyshop for about 15 plus postage from the USA, this is the cheapest place I have found, they also have an Ebay store, their sellers name is silkyshop. I would recommend that if you are a larger lady that you get the men's bottoms as they are longer in the leg, they do have a fly area but who cares. If you can not find what you are looking for in silkyshop then go to Ebay, you should be able to find what you are looking for there. Brands such as Helly Hansen, Trespass etc are good and you can get them reasonably cheap on ebay

One brand of silk gloves liners is called trek mates. For glove sizes they usually give the length from the top of the middle finger to the wrist, children's silk gloves maybe harder to find so you may have to search on Google, some specialist allergy shops sell them too. You can expect to pay anything from a few quid to about 10 for silk glove liners. You can silk glove and sock liners including children's sizes from koolsun and venturewear

For silk socks, you should get them from about 5 a pair, you can naturally pay a lot more too if you want.

If you don't want silk then just search Google or Ebay for 'thermal base layers', remember to check that they do not have any cotton, you may find this a more expensive option than silk with top and bottom sets going from about 30 upwards, there are loads of brands to choose from, I am no expert but I guess they are all much of a muchness.

Just a reminder - you should get tops, bottoms, silk gloves and silk socks for your base layer

Click here to return to the main page